Floor Care Tips
Here you can find tips for caring for and maintaining your new timber floor, to preserve your floor make sure you abide by the following guidelines
- Never steam mop your floor as this will damage the wooden fiberous structure in the floor and cause the boards to expand.
- Never use any non-recommended cleaning products as these will also damage the stain on the board and possibly the board itself.
- Sweep and vaccuum as often as possible to keep dirt and grit off your timber floor as these will damage the surface.
- Use protective mats at all exterior entrances.
- Place felt protectors under all furniture and quality chair mats under chairs with castor wheels to prevent scratching of the boards surface.
- Never slide or roll appliances across the floor as this can scratch and dent the floorboards.
- Spiked shoes and high heels can cause damage to your floor, so refrain from wearing them on your timber floor.
- Avoid using excessive amounts of water and always use a well rung-out mop to clean your floor, as the floorboards will absorb moisture and expand. If a spill occurs remove as quickly as possible.
- Never use soap, wax, oil or other household products to clean your floor, we recommend you use a cork and timber cleaner for polishing your timber floorboards.
- Keep animal nails trimmed.